Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bankroll Booster

I've settled into a schedule at the moment of playing Mon - Thurs and giving myself the rest of the week off. At the moment i guess its keeping me fresh for when i do play. Sometimes i am playing for 10 hours without a break and by the time Monday comes round again i am looking forward to playing again. When i enjoy my poker i generally play better.....

Doing some calculations in August i increased my bankroll by 40% which i am extremely happy about. Playing in games too big for my bankroll is bound to have that effect when things are going well i guess.

This week i have lost two horrendous hands and am still in decent profit. Both were in approximately $10000 pots on Tuesday. The first i held QQTT double suited and there was $1000 in before the flop. I had $4900. Flop T82. I bet out $1000 in first position and the second player made it $4000. I go all in and he calls with 8895. Turn J. River a 7. I did feel extremely sick after that hand and after six hours more playing i was up again. Then i held 52JA and got into a raising war on a 552 flop. Half of my $5500 went in on the flop. Turn a J. It all goes in. Opponent turns over 22JJ. Sick again.... did the most sensible thing i had done in ages and stopped playing immedietly.

The biggest pot i have won this week isn't very exciting but it was still a tough decision. Five of us see a flop of J66. I hold 6J9T. Early position original raiser pre flop bets $300 into a $500 pot. I had slow played on that kind of flop earlier and allowed someone to hit their over pair so i wasn't going to make the same mistake again. I bet $1000. Aggressive player behind me makes it $3000. Hmmmm could he have JJ? Conventional play would be just to call with JJ but this was a very erratic player. I had $4500 in front of me after the $1000 bet. I moved in eventually and he called with AQ76 and fortunately the turn and river were blanks. It was the same player who had done me the day before with middle trips v my top trips so maybe revenge was on my mind.

I have started playing a bit on the £10/£20 No Limit Holdem table and am generally doing well on there. I only play short sessions as i find playing too long gruesome and i hate the trouble that the all in button can get me in to. One big pot i won. I held Qd9d. Early position makes it £60 to play. 5 limpers.... i call in the big blind. Flop KdTd7h. I fire a bet of £250. One player calls. Turn 6d. I check. He bets £400. I call. River a Th. Now i am not going to pass even if he moves all in here so decide to move in myself as i may get called by hands that he would check down like trips or a smaller flush. So i move all in for £900. He calls with 8h9d and i scoop a nice pot.

Betfair have opened six pac Omaha tables. So i no longer have to endure playing 10 handed which i hate......

1 comment:

Beck said...

I loved this observation:

Now i am not going to pass even if he moves all in here so decide to move in myself as i may get called by hands that he would check down like trips or a smaller flush.

so much that I just had to blog about it.