Monday, October 10, 2005

Sweden here i come

I fly off to Stockholm tomorrow for the Swedish open. Its a five day trip and i am definitely not returning early this time whatever happens. There is a Holdem rebuy, Omaha rebuy and main NL Holdem event... i imagine i will play all three. I am sure an unlimited rebuy Omaha event against a table full of Scandies will be alot of fun.

I was playing £0.50/£1 PL Holdem today. I just felt like playing just for the fun of it rather than for the money and i could make any moves i liked without it having any financial significance. At one point i bluffed £120 with 6 high on the river and showed it. I played for just over an hour and really had fun. The players thought i was insane but i managed to turn £100 into £320...

It made me think that the advantage you have when you can bluff big in NL Holdem is huge with no fear if you get called. In the £10/£20 game which i have been playing recently, the equivalent bluff would be £2400. My natural game definitely changes the more money that i play for. Food for thought.

I am feeling really good about my game at the moment. I have had the best run of my life online in the last eight weeks, and i won my first ranking tournament. Time to kick on from here.....

1 comment:

Nemesis said...

Good Luck in Sweden, If you get knocked out of any of the tournaments early, you can always enjoy the women there!