Friday, October 28, 2005

A couple of hands

Earlier in the week i played a couple of hands earlier in the week that i thought gave me the toughest decisions... here they are!

Hand 1

£10/£20 NL Holdem - 6 handed. I have £3300 in front of me. My main opponent in this hand has the same in front of him.

I am dealt 9dTd in the small blind. 2 limpers and the button makes it £120. He could quite easily be trying to steal the limpers money and has played quite aggressive since he joined the table. I decide to call and the limpers pass.

Flop 7d8d9c

Pretty much almost the perfect flop for me. So i decided to check raise if i get the opportunity. I check. My opponent bet out £200 and i made it £500 and he called. Its tough to put him on a hand now as i surely QQ, KK or AA type hands would reraise or pass in that situation.

Turn 3s

I decide to represent a made hand. I could still be winning with my pair of nines. So i bet £950. He calls. Maybe he is flushing? I was slightly baffled by the call.

River 2s.

Now what? I have £1750 in front of me. All in? Check, call if he bets? Check, pass if he bets?

Hand 2

£10/£20 PL Omaha - 6 handed. I have £5600 going in to this hand.

I am dealt QQ89. With the 89 in hearts. Two limpers. I make it £70 play. First limper who is a decent player makes it £150. I call. Flop QK6 with two hearts. He checks. i make it £350. He calls.

Turn 3c

He checks. I make it £1000. He reraises me another £3000. I have £4200 left if i pass.

What to do on this one? Two options i guess. All in or pass?

2 comments:

SimonG. said...

Bear in mind I usually play 10/20 limit rather than no limit!

Hand 1 smells like overcards, check and call if he takes a stab at it.

Hand 2 I pass. All you have said is that he is a decent player, but I don't think this is the spot you want to shovel it all in. On the old addage you don't have the nuts or a draw to the nuts (apart from the case queen) but appreciate it is only 6 handed. If I moved in no doubt he would show me KhKs4h5d.

The only doubt I would have is I'm not sure about his check and call on the flop, can't imagine he chooses to play top set that way? Does he want to take a blank off on the turn before committing? If I thought about it long enough I could probably justify a call, but instinct says to let it go.

what happened?

Milkybarkid said...

OK

Well hand one i checked and he put me all in. I passed. Looking back i should have called, and it was the lack of time to make a decision that made me pass i think.

Second hand. I passed as well. Think it was the correct decision on that occasion. The only hand i think he may raise with in that spot other than KKxx is TJAx with the nut flush draw. In which case i am not much of a favourite anyway.

Simon - He probably wanted to see a safe card before committing. Its a tactic that a few players use when they hit top set.