Thursday, May 05, 2005

Its a Fiesta so far

My car challenge has stalled. I left my flat in London and am staying with my sister who doesn't have internet access until late next week so i am missing all the juicy Omaha games on Betfair at the moment. So far for the month i am +£1300 which definitely doesn't buy me the kind of car i want. I will still have a couple of weeks to increase that amount when i get online again.

Someone asked me yesterday what i view as my best and worst game and it got me thinking. My worst is very easy - Limit Holdem. Maybe thats just because every time i play it i am on tilt. Still i think i have only played it once this year which could be an indication that i don't go on tilt as easy as i used to. My best game - Well i settled on PL Omaha (cash). I have won at that game every year since i first started playing 6 card Omaha in Cardiff back in 1996. I can still remember some of the names i used to play with. I wander where they are now. Maurice Goodfriend, Mo Gibbons (she appeared on Late night poker), Kaz Lee, Frixo (I always remembered him as whenever he won a pot against me he said, "You did nothing wrong.") It used to drive me mad. When i was in Wales last weekend i was really tempted to go and play to see if any of them are still about.

2 comments:

Speedy G said...

Does Mo Gibbon's husband, ex-Merthyr Tydfil footballing star Roger Gibbons,still own his highly lucrative 'Home Gibbons' franchise?

Answers on a postcard. I remember "you did nothing wrong". It was so annoying you adopted it as a catchphrase!!

Baz

Mel Lofthouse said...

you'll have to get across to our home game in slough one of these days, we play lots of cash games 6card omaha, and double flop omaha :)

Mel