Friday, April 21, 2006

Bellagio Five Star Poker Classic - Update 6

I'm out!!

Annoying.... guy to my my left has been reraising me every time i raise.....Playing 130k stack him a little more. Next time i raise it up with AA to 5000 to play ... he plays with his chips and counts out 20000 to do it again. Instead he just calls. Flop 5h9hQc. I bet 14000. He calls.... turn 2s ... i bet 30000 .. he calls. River 2c. I check he moves all in. I wanted him to make a move as i felt i was ahead... but all in?!! What to do now? He has already bluffed massively a few times and got lucky! Well i called and he had 99 for a full house. Anyone else and i could have passed!

Gutted...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's brutal man,
i wouldn't have liked it but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna call a persistant at-it merchant like that; there's just too big a chance his pants are down (i am unbluffable lol).
once more an excellent effort...

SimonG. said...

yoyo - you ARE the persistent at-it-merchant needing to be called in this spot - not you doing the calling!

On a good day he shows you Q9 and you have just broken his 2pr. On a bad day he shows you... a house of nines.

I think most people in this situation would have to make the call, so a hand you were destined to go skint on - unless you thought he was likely to put 99 down to a re-re-raise if you had managed to have got it in, which he should fold, but sounds like he might not...

Milkybarkid said...

I have replayed the hand a few times in my head since, and i was always going to lose my chips the way the hand played out.

Maybe i could have got away from it if he had reraised me on the turn.