Friday, April 21, 2006

Bellagio Five Star Poker Classic - Update 6

I'm out!!

Annoying.... guy to my my left has been reraising me every time i raise.....Playing 130k stack him a little more. Next time i raise it up with AA to 5000 to play ... he plays with his chips and counts out 20000 to do it again. Instead he just calls. Flop 5h9hQc. I bet 14000. He calls.... turn 2s ... i bet 30000 .. he calls. River 2c. I check he moves all in. I wanted him to make a move as i felt i was ahead... but all in?!! What to do now? He has already bluffed massively a few times and got lucky! Well i called and he had 99 for a full house. Anyone else and i could have passed!

Gutted...

4 comments:

yoyopoker said...

that's brutal man,
i wouldn't have liked it but i'm pretty sure i'm gonna call a persistant at-it merchant like that; there's just too big a chance his pants are down (i am unbluffable lol).
once more an excellent effort...

SimonG. said...

yoyo - you ARE the persistent at-it-merchant needing to be called in this spot - not you doing the calling!

On a good day he shows you Q9 and you have just broken his 2pr. On a bad day he shows you... a house of nines.

I think most people in this situation would have to make the call, so a hand you were destined to go skint on - unless you thought he was likely to put 99 down to a re-re-raise if you had managed to have got it in, which he should fold, but sounds like he might not...

Milkybarkid said...

I have replayed the hand a few times in my head since, and i was always going to lose my chips the way the hand played out.

Maybe i could have got away from it if he had reraised me on the turn.

ftm said...

Hi Ben,
Ive been following your blog and feel gutted for you too.

If you need a break from poker you could always go back to your old job :)

Malta