Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back to NL cash

I decided to give the $25/$50 NL Hold'em a go yesterday and sat with $4000. It started off heads up and soon became four handed. I managed to get up to $7000 playing Heads Up against a player i believe is Pokergirl. When we reached four handed this pot happened.

- I limp UTG with QQ. The button makes it $200 and the BB goes all in for $4800. Hmmm. Surely he can't be making such a bet with AA or KK. It could be AK. I can't pass QQ very easily in a full ring game preflop so i can't pass it four handed. I call and he has TJ suited. He made a flush, but luckily i already had a full house.

- This hand was tricky. I made it $200 to play on the button with TT. The BB reraises it to $400. I call. Flop TJQ rainbow. He checks. I bet $650. He calls. Turn 3. He checks. I bet $1100. He reraises me $3000 more. I don't like the hand too much now. He reraised preflop so could have JJ-AA or AK. Best scenario is that he had AA or KK. he had another $4000 as well so i passed.

I finished just over $9000 up. I won't be a regular in the $25/$50 game but i will have the odd go if i am in the mood and the right players are there.

The funny thing about being on a good run is that i don't play very much. When i am losing i play loads as i think the more hands/hours i put in, the more likely i will start winning again.

I have booked my flights and hotel for the Bellagio $25000 in April now. Really looking forward to it. To start a tournament with 50000 chips should mean i last beyond level one. I will probably play the $5000 warm up event, and some cash as i am there for nearly a week before the main event starts.

3 comments:

Standaman said...

Okay I don't inhabit short handed NLHE games at this level but £4800 into into a £325 pot is kind of dumb. Either they get called by hand that has JT dominated and probably lose or they win £325. Does this type of play happen often or is this a rare abberation ? If it does I am selling my house to get into the game.

Milkybarkid said...

I have never seen this particular player before so i think it was a one off gift.

The game is normally fairly tight but you do get the odd crazy rich player who will donate to the whole table....

I will be ready to pounce if he plays again.

Milkybarkid said...

lol at Cool1

My poker name on Betfair is bennyboi