Friday, May 30, 2008

Vegas Update 2

I decided to play a cash game at the Bellagio for a few hours last night to try and stay awake, it ended up being a 9 hour session. The biggest NL game that was going when i got to the card room was $25/$50 NL, so i sat with $40,000. Deep stack NL is alot more fun that playing 100 big blinds online! I had a ridiculously loose image, getting involved in at least 70% of hands especially when we moved to 5/6 handed as the night progressed.

The biggest pot i played in the first four hours were prett much coolers.

- I raised UTG +1 after a live straddle to $375 with JsQs. I picked up two callers. The flop came JdQd4s. I fired out $950. First opponent folded, and my second opponent made it $2750. He had a $10,000 stack. As it was such a draw heavy board i decided to call and hope for a non flush card. Turn brought the 3c. I checked. He bet $3200, i moved all in. He called with 44. That put me down to about $28000 at the time.

-Three limpers after the straddle. I looked down at KK. This was after about 3/4 hours of play, and i'd never seen a pair over TT. I raised it up to 800 to play. All folded to the middle limper, who was a pretty tight player. He made it $3500. Given my image, he could be making a move, or obviously have a big pair or AK. He was playing $14,000. I moved all in. He snap called with AA which held up. Cooler. Sigh.

I dribbled down to about $10,000 after that and was steaming! Then a double up came.

- I found AdQd in the small blind after one raise to $300, i made it $1200 to play. The flop came AQJ rainbow. I bet $2000. My opponent called. Turn was a 7. I decided to just move all in. He thought for a while and called. The river paired the J which i hated. He mucked when i showed AQ.

I then made a sick play which ended up winning me a $40,000 pot.

- I called a raise to $300 with T5 off in the SB. I was pretty much playing every hand preflop at this point. Four of us saw a 5d8cJc flop. The original raiser made it $900 to go. Guy on the button called. I raised it up to $3000 to play. The raiser called and the other guy folded. The turn brought the gin card, an offsuit 5. I casually tossed a $5k chip the middle. He quickly called. I was fairly sure now he had QQ-AA type hand. The river was a 6 bringing no flush. I announced all in. It wa about $12000 to call. He called after a good few minutes dwell. I'd been caught bluffing so many times it would have been a tough fold.

- The last big pot i won could have been a $80,000 pot. It was against the same guy that i won the $40,000 pot against. He raised it up five handed $300 to play. I called and it flopped 67A with a flush draw. I checked and he bet $600. I made it $1800 to play. He called. Turn was an offsuit 9 giving me a straight. He led for $1500. I made it $5000. He counted out $15,000 like he was about to raise, and just called. Turn brough the Qd completing the flush. Yuck. He led for $8000. Hmmm. I thought and called and he turned over 77. Wander how the action would have gone on a blank river.

I ended up winning $22,000 which is decent especially as i was stuck $30,000 and steaming at one point. Just off to the Rio now for the first $10k event!

1 comment:

Stuart said...

You rock! Please keep the cash exploits coming.