Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Oz Update 1

Its good to be back at the Crown in Melbourne. I've been to loads of hotels around the world, but this remains my favourite hotel that hosts a poker event. Great restaurants/spa/gym etc and you don't have to walk past the people gambling to move around like in Vegas.

Played the PL Omaha event yesterday - no good. Only had one rebuy and a top up which was a result condsidering that it was $3000 a pop (£1200 ish). Field was hard... guess not many people who play an Omaha rebuy that high are going to be fish. My table was incredibly tight so it wasn't too much fun. I eventually busted in a big pot when i ran 69TJ into 97JQ on a 997 board. One day i will stop donating in PL Omaha tournaments. I am a lifetime loser of about £20000 in them.....

Trying to have as much fun as possible this year, because last year i was in my room most of the time watching my bankroll slide away. I didn't even make it to the beach! The Omaha cash games are going and they are pretty big. $600/$1200 limit high Omaha was going, and a $100/$200 PL game as well. Will play one of those before the main event which starts for me on Monday which is flight two. Think there is going to be around 600 players and we get 20000 chips to start so it should be a good tournament.

4 comments:

snoopy1239 said...

Sounds like a mare. Is this a comp you'll avoid in future?

Milkybarkid said...

I'll keep going with omaha tourneys! I think the buy in was a bit high to encourage the worse players to play. Plus the rebuys and add ons would have put people off.

52 runners... my table had Ram vaswani, steve zolotow, robin keston, andy black and scott fischman... along with a few rocks lol.

Mike said...

enjoy reading your blog, keep coming with the updates.

Good Luck in the main event.

Simon Young said...

Best of luck down there. Do you play cricket? You might get a game.