Sunday, July 09, 2006

Vegas - Update 1

I arrived a few hours ago. The flight was tiring... managed to lose $55 to Gryko at Chinese Poker en route playing small stakes, and won it back betting on first bag to arrive off the conveyor belt.

I am very impressed with the Wynn so far. The rooms are fantastic and the bars are good from what i've seen so far. I headed down to the Rio after i arrived to register and see who was about. I managed to resist the temptation to play and i caught up with Dubai, Martin Green and Rob Sherwood and we headed to a steakhouse, and had a few bottles of wine. I bailed out early due to the Omaha starting tomorrow, but i learned more about the strategy for playing dice in an hour than i have in the last 5 years. Throwing a googli seems to be the way forward....

I'm looking forward to playing tomorrow. Its been ages since i played an Omaha tournament, and i expect there will be around 270 runners even though its a $10000 buy in. I'll will do some kind of update tomorrow... hopefully it won't be an early bust out story.

No comments: