Thursday, October 21, 2004

Why a blog?

I like writing about poker and have written a few articles on poker some of which will appear on my blog. Also I have a fair bit of time on my hands in work so when I’m bored I can just write something about poker. It’s also a good way of keeping track of thoughts about different games and what’s hot and what is not in the poker world.

My poker History

Despite the fact I am 26 years old I picked up the poker bug back in 1990. I happened to be friends with the son of the 1990 WSOP champion Mansour Matloubi. I think the fact that someone won over a $1000000 activated something in my brain that has been with me ever since. I started playing way back when I was 11 years old. I grew up with friends playing Omaha which is why I still probably consider it my best game. I entered my first tournament which a £5 Texas Hold em NL rebuy tournament where I grew up in Cardiff. With over 40 runners I managed to win it. Though the players that I spent the next 3 years playing with claimed they let me win it to hook another fish. We shall never know :-)

It seems ages ago that I used to play in those £5 and £10 buy in tournaments in Cardiff. Even now I think I must have been an extremely lucky player back. I would rarely think about position, blind structures, other player’s styles and all the other Intricacies that now enter my head when I play tournaments and cash games. Once I managed to win 4 tournaments on the trot which was particularly nice when I was a struggling student.

I now play in London at the Vic and sometimes Gutshot. I can normally be found playing the £250 or £500 Omaha or Dealers Choice cash games. I have started to play in some big tournaments of late as well with some success. My profile can be seen at http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=26577

1 comment:

shilpa said...

This is a very interesting web page and I have enjoyed reading many of the articles and posts contained on the website.usually i used to play Omaha poker online which is always a good feeling for me,but over time i got bored and now you have given me a new addiction.