Saturday, June 07, 2008

WSOP Update 7

I played the $5000 shootout yesterday. No good. The structure wasn't the best and i lost 4k of of my 10k starting stack when i reraised preflop with AK to a cutoff raiser, then continuation bet a J24 flop and shut down after i got called. I busted with TT v AA standard.

I decided to play some $100/$200 in Bobby's room last night. The game was a round of each NL Hold'em and PL Omaha, sometimes with a $400 straddle. I'll post some of the more interesting hands. I started with $20000.

- PL Omaha. My stack about $15000. I raised preflopto $700 with Kc8h9dTd after the button limped. It flopped KdAd6d. I checked and the French guy to my left announced pot and bet $2100. Button folded and i called. Turn brought a 8s. I check and he announced pot again. I just didn't believe he had it so took my time and then called. The river was a 4c. I checked and he now put me all in. After calling the turn i'm never passing so i called and he had the bare Qd and i scooped a nice $30000 pot.


- NL Hold'em. My stack $28000 ish. I raised mid position to $900 with QQ. Guy in the cutoff reraised to $3300. I called and we saw a flop of Q5A rainbow. I checked and he checked. Turn brought a 7 and i checked again. He now bet $3000. I made it $12000. He thought then pushed all in, about another $13000. I wanted to puke but don't think i can ever pass in that spot. He had AA of course, so i lost about a $56000 pot.


- NL Hold'em. I reloaded for $20000. UTG made it $900 to play and two callers before it got to me. I called with Ac9c, and so one more player behind me. Seven of us saw a 8cJcQc flop. Checked to me and i didn't want to kill any possible action so i checked as well. Turn was a 6d. Guy in early position now bets $3700. I give it the dwell and call, and everyone else got out of the way. River a 4s. He checked and i quickly bet $11500. He dwelt for about three minutes before making the call and mucking. Guess he had a set or two pair. It would have been tough to pass any decent hand there, as i was obviously tilted from the recent cooler.


- PL Omaha. My stack was about $37000. I raised UTG with 7hTsAsKd and picked up one caller directly to my left and the small blind called. The flop came down Kh8h9s. Small blind checked. I checked and the guy to my left checked. Turn brought a 3c. SB now bet out $3300. I called and the guy to the left called. River was a 9h, pairing the board and bringing the flush. SB now checked, i checked and the guy to my left now bet $11,000. The SB went into the tank for a few minutes and i was running through my mind what hand the bettor could have. He checked behind on the flop last to speak to its pretty unlikely he would do that with two pair, set or nut flush draw. It just didn't make any sense, i also had a very strong feeling it was a total bluff, as he won't be value betting small flushes given the action. The SB eventually passed and i quickly called. After he said two pair i knew my hand was good. That was my favourite pot of the session.


I ended up winning small considering the game size, but i had alot of fun.... didn't recognise that many players in the game except Rafi Amit, Freddy Deeb and Josh Ariah!

5 comments:

Mr Cea said...

Link swap let me know pal
http://mrcea.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Unreal experiance playin in Bobbys room i bet?

Who impressed u most of those 3 u mentioned if any?

Renee said...

Ahh, too bad about the initial loss, but great job with the PL Omaha. You reason to call the bluff was great, I'll use that in my play. THanks.

Milkybarkid said...

Yeh it was pretty cool to play in there! Will give it another shot before i leave....

All three of those lost actually, so can't really say that they played that good!

ayamjago0809 said...

sabung online