Thursday, August 30, 2007

EPT Barcelona

Yuck

Had a decent table and reached 14000 towards the end of level 4.

Then this hand happened. Tight ish player opened mid position for 650 (blinds 100/200). I decided to call with QQ. Flop QT7 rainbow. He checks. I bet 1000. He made it 2300. I pushed all in. He pondered for a while and called another 6000 with JK. 5 on turn, Ace on the river of course.

Got back up to 6500 and got all in preflop with TT v AK. Board 222K9.

If I can't win a big pot in the early stages with top set then its probably not going be my day!

6 comments:

Mike & Lou said...

unlucky with the Qs Ben, seems Poker Gods not on your side.

Can you give me a shout (should have email from Estelle) when you get back so we arrange this coaching.

Cheers
Mike

Milkybarkid said...

Drop me an email... bengrundy@hotmail.com

Cheers

allinstevie said...

think u got the figures wrong, i check raised your 900 flop bet to like 2250 with like 3.5- 4k behind,

so lets say theres 10k in the pot and 4k for me to call ........

Milkybarkid said...

Sure... well it was a very big pot for that stage of the tournament anyway! Thought you had more than 4k!

Mike & Lou said...

Email sent Ben

Thanks

Kieran Walsh said...

hey ben, ul in barca. fancy a link swap?