Friday, November 17, 2006

Betfair's Asian Poker Tour

Lots to update about. I played the main event in Singapore of Betfair's tournament. The venue is great, and more importantly the buffet has been awsome! I set out to play aggressive but not go out in level one again so i was tight by my standards.. folding Js9s under the gun!! I went up and down playing alot of pots. I was actually as low as 1300 at one point but actually felt ok for some reason. I managed to double up twice... once being very lucky. I then moved table with 7000 chips.

Blinds were 200/400 in level 6 so i was still in ok shape. I hit a nice card rush and nearly trebled up... after and all in and a button raise, i found JJ in the BB and called. Was against 44 and AJ and hit the case Jack for good measure. I then found Aces and raised in early position. Button called. Flop 872 and i bet 1000. He made it 2000. I called. Turn an Ace and he pushed with AQ. I think he was setting up to push any card with his minimum raise on the flop, so the ace probably gave him an extra incentive he needed.

I then started picking up quite a few small pots and my chip count was 35000... average about 18000. I find KK :-). Other guy at my table with a good stack around 30000 opens for 1200 quite early, one caller, i make it 4000 and original raiser goes all in. I call and he has the old A2 off. Two people passed an Ace, but there is still one on the turn. I would have been the chip leader if i won that, and he made the final. Though it seems like a dumb play by him, i guess i probably fold around 70% of hands i am reraising preflop there.

Other than that poker has been very up and down. These big stakes are all very well when things are going well, but when you hit a bad run of cards then it is very expensive and stressful, even in just a couple of days. Its tough to go back to playing alot lower than i have been though, and i tend not to play my A game... have to think about my strategy game wise for the next few months!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Hey Ben

You were on the telly on Tuesday night. They were showing the Aussie Millions game and when the camera tracked you the commentators chatted about you.

Milkybarkid said...

What channel was that on?

Tom said...

I didn't remember but Google tells me that it is/was on Channel 5