Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Strange Week

Since i made the final of the WCOOP i have had a very strange poker week!

I had a few days off then started playing the £40/£80 NL Hold'em on Betfair. Hmmmm horrendous luck, and probably some tilt play led to a £30000 loss. Yuck... how i hate losing that much. Next day not much better another £15000 loss. Amongst those fun two days came the biggest pot i have ever lost in a cash game....

- Heads Up. I am playing £15500. My opponent over double that. I get TT. He makes it £240. I make it £800. He calls. Flop T42. I lead out for £900. He calls. Turn K. no flush draws. I bet £1500. He makes it £3600. I call. River a 3. I bet £2000 and he pushes all in. I call. He has the old KK of course. That was a cold deck.

Flew to Baden on Friday. Decided i just couldn't bare to leave that much money behind online and as i wasn't playing till Sunday. I played from 10pm till 7pm the following day with only a few minutes break. I was treading water for most of it but the last hour was quite a rush, and i ended up winning £32000 for the session. Think thats the longest i have ever played without a proper break.

There was on absolute lunatic playing and he was all in at least once every round. One hand against him shows just how crazy he was for me to call all the way.

Game #2588165463: Hold'em NL (£40/£80) - 2006/10/07 - 14:24:38 (GMT)
Table "Swedeslove"
Seat 2 is the button.
Seat 1: Bennyboi (£9599 in chips)
Seat 2: DEBIDAX (£7760 in chips)
Seat 3: PokaHunta (£6584 in chips)
Seat 6: FOE (£10335 in chips)
Seat 7: TheSlayer (£9189 in chips)
Seat 8: dazzer1 (£13902 in chips)
PokaHunta: posts small blind £40
FOE: posts big blind £80
----- HOLE CARDS ----
dealt to Bennyboi [Kc Qs]
TheSlayer: folds
dazzer1: calls £80
Bennyboi: calls £80
DEBIDAX: folds
PokaHunta: calls £40
FOE: raises to £450
dazzer1: folds
Bennyboi: calls £370
PokaHunta: folds
----- FLOP ----- [Qd 4h 8h]
FOE: bets £888
Bennyboi: calls £888
----- TURN ----- [Qd 4h 8h][9c]
FOE: bets £2444
Bennyboi: calls £2444
----- RIVER ----- [Qd 4h 8h 9c][6d]
FOE: bets £6553 and is all-in
Bennyboi: is all-in £5817
Returned uncalled bets £736 to FOE
----- SHOW DOWN -----
FOE: shows [Td 8d] (A Pair of Eights, Queen high)
Bennyboi: shows [Kc Qs] (A Pair of Queens, King high)
Bennyboi collects £19353 from Main pot

So on to the EPT event in Baden! Well I busted in level one. Hmmm only really played two hands of note.

- AA in the BB. Everyone folds to SB who calls. I make it 100 more. Flop 247. He checks. I bet 150. He calls. Turn a Q. He checks. I bet 450. He calls. River a 2. He checks. I bet 1000. He makes it 2000. I call. He has 23!

- Down to 6500. I raise to 200 with JJ. Late position makes it 500. I call. Flop 27T. I check. He bets 900. I call. Turn 8. I check. He bets 1200. I call. River 2. I check. He bets 1200 again. I call. To be fair i knew i was beat and should have folded on the turn or maybe even the flop.

Then i donated my last 2000. Not really happy with that performance. I rarely bust early in big events. Its a long way to travel to play for an hour.

Got back online later in the day and was down £20000 again. Then played another all nighter and was winning £30000. I actually had £60000 on 3 No Limit tables at one point. Then i lost a big pot to a bad beat so decided to stop winning just short of £20000.

Not sure how long i will carry on playing these stakes. Its easy to lose £100000 playing well and just getting unlucky in less than a week.

On another note. My Omaha table image is now so bad that i get called down by two pair on boards with a flush and a straight. Ok so its good against me sometimes but come on. I managed a to go 3 hours 6 handed and raise every hand preflop. I will be continuing with that strategy for a while to see how my results are after a few weeks.

5 comments:

Deal'em said...

Hi...any plans to put up some interesting Omaha hands again? I miss those posts. Do you read anyone else's blog that writes about PL Omaha and if so, who do you recommend? Thanks.

Royal Flush said...

Sick bastard.

That is all.

Milkybarkid said...

lol James!!

Yeh i will post some omaha hands. Been playing bad lately so need to find a hand where my play is ok :-)

Can't think of any other bloggers that discuss Omaha much. Internet pro in my links used too, but not so much anymore.

Greg... yeh i think you are one of the other loosest players!! At least we make the games fun.

Highstack said...

Great post again Ben.

Simply scary stuff mate. How you reconcile your emotions at those stakes is beyond me. I realise they are only tokens, but winning and losing that kind of money must mess with your head.

snoopy1239 said...

Blimey