Time for the end of year review I guess. After this week I will be having a break until the Aussie Millions in January.
My aims for this year which I put on my blog last Dec for 2006 were:
1. Not go broke.
2. Enjoy what i do. I love playing poker but get overly stressed whenever i lose or get knocked out of a big tournament. I have the best job i could hope for.
3. Make the money in a WSOP and WPT event.
4. Win £150000+ online.
5. Play at least five WSOP events at least two WPT events.
6. Stop reading poker forums. I like what i read 10% of the time. The rest irritates me.
7. Win 3 tournaments with buy ins over £750.
8. Reduce my tilt to a manageable level.
9. Not play any Limit poker.
Well I managed to achieve 1, 2, 4 and 8. The others weren’t achieved. Looking at those ones… number 7 in particular was an extremely tough one. Not sure if anyone in Europe won 3+ tournaments this year. Regarding poker forums… I’m an addict and can’t help looking at them. For number 9.... though I said I wouldn’t play any limit, I actually enjoy it on occasions… especially Limit Omaha Hi/Lo.
It’s been a funny year. I played fewer tournaments than I had planned. I managed to count just 18. I cashed in 4 of them. I could have had two massive results in EPT Monte Carlo and the WCOOP main event but fell a bit short in both, bad play in one and cold decked in the other. I won just over £160000 in the year, so am happy with that.
Next year I am definitely going to play a lot more tournaments. I’m planning on playing all the EPT events except Copenhagen, at least four WPT events and also ten or more WSOP events.
After the start to the year when I nearly went broke in Australia, it’s been a great year. Playing mainly PL Omaha the swings have been huge, but luckily mainly upwards. 79% of my profit came from Omaha, 19% from NL Hold’em and 2% others.
I won 15 big blinds for every hundred Omaha hands I played in 2006. I played 106,000 hands according to my poker tracker. I would definitely be happy with anything close to that next year. I’d actually settle for half that. I must have run good.
May as well do some aims for 2007 so here goes:
- Not to go broke (always number one aim)
- Win a big tournament with over a £3000 buy in.
- Play a lot more tournaments. I’m going to focus on playing a few more WPT events unless the bankroll takes a big dive.
- Win over £300000 online.
- Play most of the WSOP events. This year’s WSOP was a bit of a wipe out for me, I am already looking forward to having a proper run at it this year.
- Win over £250000 in tournaments.
Looking forward to next year. I don't like playing much in December as i don't want to tilt myself over Xmas. Have a good Xmas!! Also, check out Bluescouse's blog here. Best blog at the moment. Makes me look sensible :-)